When it comes to guar beans it is one of the leguminous plants that is mainly harvested in India, Australia, and Pakistan. The reason being it can only be harvested in the sandy soils that receive rainfall and a lot of sunshine. As and when the guar bean is harvested, it is fully separated from the hull, and you get different derivatives of the same from the endosperm. These by-products are taken into consideration for different applications in industries around the world.
- Guar Gum – it is basically a multi-purpose fibre that is derived from the guar seed and is taken into consideration for different industrial applications. Right from paper manufacturing textile to beverages, pharmaceuticals and more, it can be used everywhere.
- Guar Gum Powder – This can be acquired as and when the endosperm of the guar gum is milled and then refined as well. It can be mixed without any hassle with cold and hot water, but it is not soluble in other organic solvents.
- Guar Gum Splits – When it comes to Guar Gum splits, it is basically acquired from the harvested guar beans that have separated mechanically from the pods, hull, and also seed.
- Guar Meal – The remnants of the guar gum separating process are very high in protein and nutrients, and they are considered the Guar meal that is fed to cattle.
- Cassia powder – When it comes to Cassia powder, it is derived from the Cassia Tora plant, which is mostly considered in the pet-food industry.
These are the different elements of Guar Gum and a brief about it. Now, let’s understand how the Guar Gum is used in different industries precisely. Let’s get started.
Uses Of Guar Gum In Many Industrial Applications.
Pharmaceuticals – In this industry, guar gum is taken into consideration for the production of Laxatives vitamins and syrups. Guar gum here is basically a co-joiner and also acts as a disintegrating agent in the making of a tablet.
Oil & Gas Well Drilling – Guar gum is also used for the purpose of oil drilling as well, and that too for different purposes. It plays a crucial role in water and fluid loss control and also cools the drilling bits.
Cream & Cosmetics – In this industry, guar gum is taken into consideration in the form of a lubricating agent and thickening agent. The guar gum is used in lipstick and shaving cream to give that lubricating and density feel.
Frozen Foods – Another industry where Guar gum is taken into consideration is Frozen foods. Here it functions in the form of a moisture loss controller. It plays a big role in preserving frozen foods like cakes and ice-creams.
Beverages – Guar gum is also taken into consideration for the purpose of the suspending agent in the fruit and beverages industries. It plays a crucial role in enhancing the mouthfeel of the respective juices.
Tobacco – Guar gum is also used in the tobacco industry as a strengthening agent for tobacco fins. It is basically taken into consideration in cigarettes and cigars.
Hopefully, you are fully clear about the uses of Guar gum in different industries. It comes with several properties and elements that allow it to be very useful in different applications and thus becomes one of the primary elements to be considered in different business sectors and industries.